Seasons come and go but if we’re being honest, summer felt like it only lasted a week! As we start rolling into cooler weather there are some skin care changes that should follow suit. Fall is the perfect time to do some skin rehab before the chilly and dry months of winter rear their heads!
1. If you haven’t done so already, add a vitamin C serum to your skin care routine. Vitamin C repairs summer skin damage like pigment discoloration, wrinkles, and prevents further free radical damage.
2. On that same note, don’t let fall fool you! You still need sunscreen! Temperature change does not go hand in hand with the UV index.
3. One of the most important to-do’s during the changing seasons is a facial! It’s CRUCIAL! A facial provides deep cleansing, exfoliation and a clean slate to start new products on.
4. When the temperature drops and our morning showers tend to be scorching hot, please keep in mind that your skin needs even more moisture. The light moisturizer you used in the summer won’t cut it anymore. It’s time to break out some of that heavier moisturizer and don’t be shy about slathering it on before you go to bed!
5. Though there are countless skincare tips to follow during seasonal changes, my final one for you is to take the time to wash all those cute beanies, turtlenecks, scarves, mittens, and any other adorable fall accessories you have. If you struggle with oily, acne-prone skin, it is recommended that these items be laundered after each use. I hope these tips are helpful for you!
If you find that you are struggling with your skin, I would be more than happy to evaluate your skin and review some potential products specifically for you! Premier Medical Esthetics offers a wide range of facials, contouring, SculpSure, rosacea treatment, BOTOX, chemical peels and dermal fillers. Call (717)-769-1937 to schedule an appointment. premiermedesthetics.com